মঙ্গলবার, ১৮ ডিসেম্বর, ২০১২

The Ugly Duckling House | DIY Home Improvement Blog: Paint It Black

Some nights I have all the patience in the world.

Total lie. ?I never do. ?But some days are better than others. ?Last night was not one of those nights. ?And the fun thing about having a dog is that she can pick up on all of my moods. ?Charlie sensed my frustration and immediately demanded extra cuddle time. ?Poorly painted door be damned.


When it comes to painting a glossy surface like a door, thin and even coats are the name of the game. ?But I went out to dinner with a friend last night and only had time for one coat on the door. ?Which means my door looks like keeeeyyyraaaap. ?And it will take several more nights to finish up.
The good great news is that even though the door will be taking many thin coats before I reach its glossy glory, the paint is sticking well and I'm certain I'm going to like the new look. ?Funny how long ago it was I contemplated this project and am just now getting around to it. ?But that's the way non-priority projects go. ?You just fit them in when you can. ?Or in my case, when you're avoiding skim coats on the dining room walls.

To give you a picture that doesn't look like crud for the second day in a row, here's sort of what I'm thinking about doing with the entryway eventually:

or

Black interior door, black (glossy) stair treads, and black hand rail. ?Keeping the rest white. ?The entire white staircase isn't working for me right now, and I can't stain the treads since they were in lousy shape after removing all of the carpet staples. ?Plus, if our homes are a reflection of our personality, there's something about a stark contrast right when you enter the home that says "someone BOLD and BADASS lives here." ?And I think I could use a little of that when I walk through the door.

Sarah

Source: http://www.uglyducklinghouse.com/2012/12/paint-it-black.html

danielle fishel aaron rodgers FedEx Gabriel Aubry halle berry notre dame notre dame football

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন